How It Works
Our eye exam involves a series of tests to evaluate your vision and check for eye diseases and abnormalities such as: Refractive Errors – Age-Related Macular Degeneration also known as MD – Cataracts – Diabetic Retinopathy – Glaucoma – Amblyopia – Strabismus, etc.
Each test during an eye exam evaluates a different aspect of your vision or eye health. An eye exam helps detect eye problems at their earliest stage — when they’re most treatable.
What you can expect
Before the exam
If you’re seeing a new eye doctor or if you’re having your first eye exam, expect questions about your vision history. Your answers help your eye doctor understand your risk of eye disease and vision problems. Be prepared to give specific information, including:
– Are you having any eye problems now?
– Have you had any eye problems in the past?
– Do you wear glasses or contacts now? If so, are you satisfied with them?
– What health problems have you had in recent years?
– Are you taking any medications?
– Do you have any allergies to medications, food or other substances?
– Have you ever had eye surgery?
– Does anyone in your family have eye problems, such as macular degeneration, glaucoma or retinal detachments?
– Do you or does anyone in your family have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or any other health problems that can affect the whole body?
the best part of your eye exam
meet the eyewear
Finding your perfect eyeglasses. Fatima will evaluate your face shape, eye color, hair color, and every parameter necessary to find the perfect fit.
We carry some of the finest eye wear designers in the world.
Brands We Carry
Meet Your Doctor
Dr. Denise Coté LaShell received her Doctor of Optometry degree and graduated valedictorian from Southern College of Optometry in Memphis, TN. She studied Chemistry at the University of South Florida. She is a graduate of Sarasota High School.
Dr. LaShell practices comprehensive eye care, and she is focused on helping patients achieve their best vision in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. She takes pride in being a precise refractionist as part of providing high quality eye care for the entire family. When they are not spending time with their children, she and her husband, Burke, enjoy running, hiking, and triathlon training!